Have you ever wanted to just give a hug to a friend or family member, but they live hundreds of miles away? When there is a will, there is ALWAYS a way 🙂 Our most recent DIY was a fun way to send some love and hugs to our favorite ladies for Mother’s Day!
This activity is great for toddlers and the perfect keepsake.
Here is a short supply list:
- 2-3 sheets of cardstock
- 2 feet of twine
- Whole punch
- First, Trace your little humans hands and cut out the traced hands. Once you have finished cutting them out. Go back and erase any marks you may not have cut off from the tracing.
- Second, Cut out hearts or any other fun shape to add to the hug string. You will need two, but hey let your creativity step in.
- Cut out a giant heart or any other shape you like. This will be where you put your fun message. We created ours for Mother’s Day. I created a cute font and printed it out on my card stock, but there is nothing wrong with doing it freehand. Again have fun with this and be creative.
- Next you want to measure the arm span of your toddler with the twine. Then cut the necessary length off.
- Hole punch each side of the hearts and one side of each of the hand cut outs.
- Lastly you can assemble it 🙂 Use the twine you have measured and cut to out the hug together. Tie a secure knot to make sure it won’t slide out. Then you are all done.
Share your version of this DIY Hug. We would love to see it!